Yugioh Gods Academy
Welcome! Login or register today!!
Yugioh Gods Academy
Welcome! Login or register today!!
Monster Mash! R4:S8 Cda_ne11
CDA Chatbox

You will have lots of fun here chat, tourneys, and more!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Mash! R4:S8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MonteTribal

MonteTribal

Monster Mash! R4:S8 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Hey guys, if there's one thing I like to do, it's make weird decks that do things at different angles. So, I'd like to introduce one of my brain babies to you.

Monster Mash! R4:S8 WXsaIDJ

MonsterMash is a deck style that relies on having very few spells and traps, and instead focuses on monsters with strong effects. With this unique setup, there come some unique strengths and weakness.

Pros:

• Blanks Mystical Space Typhoon - in a backrow heavy format, lots of people are running triple MST. That makes 3 of their cards dead right off the back.
  • Consistent - How do you win this game? Reduce your opponents lifepoints to 0. How does 99% of decks do that? Monster damage. There is a 100% to have monsters in this deck. your hand.
  • Recovery - some of the Monsters that are listed here make recovering from mass removal a little easier. There are 6 dudes who can pull other dudes from the grave, and 4 that bring themselves back.

Cons:

• Low S/T count means little to no protection. You have to be careful about Mirror Force and other Battle Traps a little more.
  • Fairly straightforward game plan is easy to figure out. And you have to attack into something sometime...
  • Vanity's Emptiness almost spells gg. Same for Kaiser Colosseum.

So first, a text deck list for the less visual inclined.

Monsters: a whopping 38.

3 Masked Chameleon - probably the best card to top deck past turn 3. Goes into the ENTIRE extra deck. Has 15 (technically 18, but why grab Velier?) monsters it can grab from the yard. (Gogogo Giant, Machina Gearframe, Goblindbergh, and Thrasher for rank 4/synch 8 plays. AND scarecraw for AoJ Catastor).

3 KagetoKage - another enabler. Almost everything is level 4, so this makes easy XYZs, as usual.

3 Tin Goldfish - another enabler. See Kage.

3 Goblindbergh - see Tin Goldfish.

3 Photon Thrasher - 2100 free beatstick. Cool. Also allows XYZ and Synchros. Nice. A Masked Chameleon target too, awesome.

3 Gogogo Giant - 2000 beatstick. Not bad. Summons another of himself from the grave? Not bad, it opens XYZ plays. Also a Chameleon target? Check.

3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress - Our MST. Fills yard for Gogogo Giant and Chameleon. Goes into XYZ plays. Be careful about her mills, they might hurt a llittle.

3 Machina Gearframe - Grabs Machina Fortress, our default boss monster. Blindly protects out fortress too. Also, you guessed it, can be grabbed my Masked Chameleon.

3 Machina Fortress - We start with 3 for consistency, but it's easy to side out 1-2 if need be. Boss monster, can ss himself with himself, Gearframe, Goldfish, and Scarecrow.

3 Effect Velier - our negation package. Also a tuner, for Catastor and can make level 8s with Fortress, Redox, and Gorz.

3 Maxx C - another easy sideout target against the right deck. Card advantage is nice. And can be used with Berserker's Soul if need be.

3 Swift Scarecrow - protection. We might need a turn to draw some gas, this keeps us alive a little longer.

1 Gorz - limited  to 1. Protection in Boss monster form. Usable for some extra deck plays, including rank 7.

1 Redox - limited to 1. Re-usable protection. Also rank 7 material or Synch 8.

Non-Monsters: 2

1 Dark Hole - Clears field. Pushes for game.

1 Berserker's Soul - Neat little tech card. Can outright win the game in the right circumstances. Usually hits all its triggers.

Extra:

Ally of Justice Catastor - Can be made with Veiler + level 4 or Masked Chameleon + Swift Scarecrow. Some Removal.

Stardust Spark Dragon - 2500 boss man, our repeatable protection with feet. Also makes a soft lock with Scrap Dragon.

Scrap Dragon (aka: Scarp Dargon) - Continual Removal. 2800 attack is nice too.

Crimson Blader - Stops some decks from getting their plays off. Also 2800.

Red Dragon Archfiend - 3000 boss man. Biggest yet. Also can clear a field if in the right circumstances.

2 King of the Feral Imps - tutors our Lizards, which are some of the best cards in the deck. And 2300 isn;t that bad of an attack.

Number 101: Silent Honor A.R.K. - probably one of, if not THE, best rank 4 monster. decent stats, removal, and protection.

Number 39: Utopia - honestly one of the weaker guys here. Easily replaceable. But hey, 2500 isn't to bad, and it protects a little. Sometimes.

Diamond Dire Wolf - generic removal.

Maestroke, the Symphony Djinn - Book of Moon and protection.

Number 50: Blackship of Corn - easy removal, sends to grave yard. Anti-Exciton, anti-zen maines. Anti-destroyed by battle.

Gagaga Cowboy - can step on anything below blue-eyes (and Gogiaga Gagagigo...) . Also "Cowboy, 800 for gg" is a thing

Abyss Dweller - stops grave decks for a little bit. And Tin Goldfish can get his buff effect off too.

Number 11: Big Eye - Dracossack would probably be better, but I don't OWN a dracossack. So Big Eye will have to do. Technically a better form of monster removal.

How it plays:
This isn't the next meta deck. Not by far. But it plays pretty well for what it is. It certainly doesn't LOOK like something you see everyday. And it definitely takes people by surprise.

With the new rules, this deck doesn't mind going second. The first turn is usually a little rough, the best move usually being a t1 King of the Feral Imps into Kage or Chameleon. It sets up your t2, and opens up more plays.

The key plays of the deck should have been laid out with each card description. And they are fairly straight forward. Play a dude, which ss another dude, to go into another dude who does better stuff.

Inspiration:

I am on a mission. A mission for a special deck. It doesn't have to be the best deck, or most powerful deck. It doesn't have to win every game. There are 2 things this deck needs to do.

1. It has to be fun.

There are 40 cards in a deck. They should all be fun to use. And fun, to me, means variance. There are so many plays that be achieved with so many different combinations of cards here.

2. I don't want a bad hand.

40 cards is a lot. Each time you shuffle up, weird things happen. I want to be able to plays this deck and never open badly. There are ~9 cards that actually need something else to happen to be played. And 4 of them enable each other, so that reduces it.

Out of all this, there are very few hands I would be sad to look at when I first draw.

And that is Redox, 3 Kagetokage, Berserker's Soul, and Gorz/Machina Fortress. This is it. the 1 bad hand out of the countless others. (Technically speaking, there are 8.1591528 * 10^47 different possibilities, but who counts that high?)

I can go more in-depth on somethings if anyone has questions.

So, I hope this was entertaining, or interesting, for you. This is just 1 of the decks I wanted to write about. I have quite a few others in mind. Some are also other variants of MonsterMash. Let me know with some feed back on how I did. Comments and critiques are always welcome. I love improving myself and my decks. So let me know.

See you all in the future. And my the dealer ever be in your favor Wink

Last edited by MonteTribal on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word mistakes)
Back to top Go down
Pepchoninga

Pepchoninga

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 3:26 am

this looks like a great deck Smile
Back to top Go down
MonteTribal

MonteTribal

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks. It took some time and weird thought processes. I wanted to make a non-archetypal deck that stood a chance
Back to top Go down
Pepchoninga

Pepchoninga

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 am

well i woud put like 2-3 more non- monster cards :d
Back to top Go down
MonteTribal

MonteTribal

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:07 pm

I could, and I have. And it typically works better that way lol.

If I did, I would take out Berserker's Soul. And that's why I wanted to remake the deck :p

It would probably be:
-1 Berserker's
-1 Effect Veiler
-1 Machina Fortress

+ Bottomless Traphole
+ Torrential Tribute
+ Solemn Warning

And when I side with this deck, those 3, Gogogo Giant and Goblindbergh are the usual side-out targets.
Back to top Go down
Pepchoninga

Pepchoninga

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:09 pm

one mirror or mst or prison one more basic card for me if you get out 2 more monsters and put like one miror or 2 maybe a break skill (something more basic)
Back to top Go down
MonteTribal

MonteTribal

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm

I have Lyla for MST. Veiler for Breakthrough/Fiendish. What I don't have much of is straight up monster control.

I think Bottomless Traphole, Torrential Tribute, and Solemn Warning are more important than Mirror Force, imo. TT is versatile in that I can activate it my self with my own summon. And Warning and Traphole are summon stoppers,which prevents attacks anyway,
Back to top Go down
F0rtunate Chaos

F0rtunate Chaos

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 am

I like it. It reminds me of an old deck I built that was very....not good. But yours is!
Back to top Go down
MonteTribal

MonteTribal

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks! ^^

There are definitely better choces that could be made, but I wanted to use berserker's soul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Mash! R4:S8   Monster Mash! R4:S8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Mash! R4:S8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yugioh Gods Academy :: Classroom :: Deck Profiles-
© Copyright 2014-2015, All Rights Reserved, Yugioh Gods Academy.