Yugioh Gods Academy
Welcome! Login or register today!!
Yugioh Gods Academy
Welcome! Login or register today!!
Qliphoth Deck Cda_ne11
CDA Chatbox

You will have lots of fun here chat, tourneys, and more!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Qliphoth Deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pepchoninga

Pepchoninga

Qliphoth Deck Empty
PostSubject: Qliphoth Deck   Qliphoth Deck EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 3:48 am

Qliphoth is an archetype of Machine-Type EARTH monsters introduced in The New Challengers that are designed to take advantage of the Pendulum Summon mechanic. This is reflected in the eye-shaped motifs visible in their appearances; these motifs are flanked by two crystals, one blue and another red, that are identical to the indicators of a Pendulum Scale.

Playing style
Their focus is to Pendulum Summon monsters to fuel Tribute Summons, with effects that activate when Tributed or when summoned by Tributing members of the archetype.

With the exception of "Qliphort Tool", all "Qliphort" Pendulum monsters revealed so far have 1000 DEF ("Tool" has 1000 ATK) and possess the following effects:

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Special Summon any monsters, except "Qliphort" monsters (this effect cannot be negated).
Monster Effect: You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If this card was Special Summoned or Normal Summoned without Tributing, its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK becomes 1800. If this card was Normal Summoned, this card is unaffected by effects activated by monsters whose original Level or Rank is lower than this card's Level.
In addition, these "Qliphort" Pendulum Monsters can manipulate the ATK of monsters on the field; those with a Pendulum Scale of 1 boost the ATK of your "Qliphort" monsters by 300, while those with a Scale of 9 reduce your opponent's monsters' ATK by 300.

Strategy
The main strategy is to Pendulum Summon at least 3 "Qliphort" monsters at once in order to Tribute Summon the ace of the archetype: "Apoqliphoth Killer". "Apoqliphoth Killer" is unaffected by Spell and Trap cards and by effects of monsters whose Level/Rank are lower than its own; also, it punishes all Special Summoned monsters by making them lose 500 ATK and DEF and forces your opponent to send one of their monsters to the Graveyard once per turn. There are few ways to defeat this monster, the only way ostensibly being destroying it by battle; one can also try negate its Normal Summon, but "Qliphoth Fortress" can bypass this. Another way to bypass this monster is by tributing it with cards like "Lava Golem" or "Volcanic Queen".

Qliphort Decks can also put to use the Monarch archetype, which, depending on which Monarchs are used, can cripple the opponent in certain ways. Kuraz the Light Monarch can destroy your own Pendulum cards in order to Xyz Summon or replace the Pendulum cards while also putting cards in your hand. The effect of Mobius the Frost Monarch can be coupled with that of Qliphoth Genome to destroy multiple Spells/Traps to hinder the opponent. Granmarg the Mega Monarch can also be used to help get rid of the opponent's set cards and also replenish your hand.

Qliphort Tool, Qliphoth Disk, and Qliphoth Sacrifice can be used to search for a Qliphort Pendulum Monster while Special Summoning 2 Qliphort monsters from your Deck to reuse for later Pendulum Summoning. Performapal Trampolynx can be used to return Tool the the hand after using its effect, then Tool can be activated again to search for another Qliphort card.

Back to top Go down
F0rtunate Chaos

F0rtunate Chaos

Admin

Qliphoth Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qliphoth Deck   Qliphoth Deck EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Apoqliphoth Killer sounds far too powerful. I really hope it gets watered down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Pepchoninga

Pepchoninga

Qliphoth Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qliphoth Deck   Qliphoth Deck EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Well it's verry good, Im running a Qliphoth deck and so far i have 12 wins and 3 loses but for me half of Pendulum is gonna get ban in the next few lists.I think that Pendulum Dragon is gonna get limited to 2,
the two magicians are gonna get to 1 as well as Apoqliphoth Killer.
Back to top Go down
F0rtunate Chaos

F0rtunate Chaos

Admin

Qliphoth Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qliphoth Deck   Qliphoth Deck EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Potentially yes.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos

Thanatos

Qliphoth Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qliphoth Deck   Qliphoth Deck EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Pepchoninga wrote:
Well it's verry good, Im running a Qliphoth deck and so far i have 12 wins and 3 loses but for me half of Pendulum is gonna get ban in the next few lists.I think that Pendulum Dragon is gonna get limited to 2,
the two magicians are gonna get to 1 as well as Apoqliphoth Killer.

Nothing will matter until the cards hit TCG firstly, even then They'll want to milk the profits. SO they'll stay untouched for a long time. Furthermore, there is no need to hit the magicians as of now. True, they off a scale of 2-7, but they have limitations, Timegazer requires that you have no monsters on field in order to set him in the pendulum zone, which is not easy to guarantee at all. Both of them also have the clause "this card's pendulum scale becomes 4 if the other scale is not an odd-eyes or magician monster" so as of now, they are powerful, but are also quite weak in a sense, and have many weaknesses. However their text indicates that we will potentially be getting new magician and odd eyes pendulums in the future. And they may very well give cause for Timegazer and stargazer to be banned.

As for Killer, he won't be touched until Shaddoll fever dies down, because he is their biggest nightmare. Without him Shaddolls will run rampant(well, OCG has Satellaknights with Shock master, but we don't have that luxury in TCG)

As for Qliphoths themselves, I believe you forgot to mention a very powerful tech card that most decks run. Entermate Trampolynx. Firstly he allows you to pendulum summon Qliphoths, who then become level 4 due to their effects. His effect is then used to send the other pendulum scale on the field to your hand. That means that the restriction "You can only special summon Qliphoth" monsters is gone. At that point you have a field full of level 4s, and you can overlay for Xyz to get out of any situation you may be in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Qliphoth Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qliphoth Deck   Qliphoth Deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Qliphoth Deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1